Chocolate chip cookies are always good but when you add cheesecake to the middle they are next level! These chocolate chip keto cheesecake cookie bars are easy to make, kid approved, and only 3.2 net carbs each!
- 1 batch keto chocolate chip cookie dough use only 1/2 bag of chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granular monkfruit
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare cookie dough as directed in the keto chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Divide the dough in half. Take one half of the dough and press it down into the bottom of the baking dish. Use your fingers to make sure it is patted evenly into the dish, making its way into each corner.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and monkfruit until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the xanthan gum and beat for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Spread the cheesecake filling on top of the cookie dough.
- Drop the remaining cookie dough in pieces on top of the cheesecake. Do not worry about getting it in a flat or even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes on the counter or rack.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator, minimum.
- Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week in the refrigerator.